What is a Media Kit?
In the blogger realm, a media kit is a document (often digital) that serves as your blog’s portfolio, outlining the key facts and statistics about your blog. Generally, a media kit is given to potential advertisers or brands that you want to collaborate with. It lets marketers know all about your blog, from which topics you write about to how many followers you have on Instagram, etc.
Why Do You Need One?
Blog media kits also typically list collaboration opportunities and the prices for each of the services you offer. If you want to collaborate with a brand, you should definitely have a media kit ready to send. Not only does it make you look professional, but it also shows a potential advertiser why they should work with you.
Get Started With A Great Layout
Find an aesthetically pleasing template that best represents you & your blog. I’ve found some of the best templates on Etsy! It surprisingly has a great selection of Media Kit Templates that are instantly downloadable to edit once payment is processed (usually within 2-5 minutes following ‘purchase’ button).
My current theme is from ByStephanieDesign Etsy shop.
Your Media Kit Should Include:
- Mini Blurb about Blog
- When did you start it?
- What topics/categories does it cover?
- How is it different from the rest?
- Tagline/Motto (optional)
- Mini Bio about You
- First or full name
- Where are you based?
- Interests/personal hobbies
- Contact Information
- Blog Website URL
- Email Address
- Social Media Handles & Follower Numbers
- Individual #’s for each account (Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.)
- Total combined social media following # (optional)
- Site Traffic Insights (Google Analytics)
- Monthly Page Views
- Monthly Unique Visitors
- Images of Best Content
- One image per category (street style, food, home decor, etc.)
- Matching in terms of color saturations (filters, edits)
- Profile image of yourself (preferably without sunglasses)
- Past Brand Work (if applicable)
- Who/What brands have you partnered with? (i.e. UGG Australia, Rebecca Minkoff, Pottery Barn, etc.)
- Include links to exact blog post/featured content if possible
- Sponsored Opportunities & Prices
- What type of promotional opportunities do you offer? (i.e. Product Review, Social Media Campaign, etc.)
- Descriptions of each opportunity (as specific as possible)
- Prices of each opportunity & how the total price is determined
- Deliverables for each sponsored partnership (what will the brand be guaranteed? what can you provide them that will make you the ideal influencer for the client to partner with?)