A dramatic lip is always fashion forward. Whether this is a new discovery or something you’re considering trying, the process of finding your perfect match can be overwhelming.
With multiple variations of colors and brands to choose from, the idea of a lip color can quickly fade away. Luckily, there are some tips and tricks to finding your perfect shade that eases the decision-making process.
You can purchase lipstick or lipstain for the purposes of matching an outfit or for a special occasion, but it is cost-effective to consider your skin tone and natural lip color as the primary match makers for your choice of lip color.
For everyday color
– find a color is 2-3 shades darker than your natural lips (the Pink’s are your best bet)
– keep the color choice subtle, for a more natural every-day sans makeup appearance
Choosing the right red
– decide if your skin tone is fair, medium, olive or dark
– Fair skin – coral red or dark red with a blue undertone base
– Medium/ Olive skin – pink or cranberry shades, brick red
– Dark skin – red with a burgundy or brown undertone base
– of course, a true red color is universal for all skin tones
Tips to remember
– try before you buy!
– wipe off the previous color entirely before trying a new one
– consider the lighting in the area you are trying on
– choose a bold lip or eye, don’t do both
– don’t match your lip to your outfit too closely, can look overwhelming