Monetization is key for the success and upkeep of your blog’s potential; nothing is free, friends. Therefore utilizing the best tools to engage your readers is essential to drive sales and ultimately, land you commission cash in your pocket for the sharing efforts.
In my opinion Instagram is the most used platform for blogs to receive engagement. So when RewardStyle created the platform branch – LiketoKnow.it – that allows bloggers to make $$ off each ‘gram, you can imagine the crazy increase in not only monetization but also in Instagram following & commenting!
When I first heard of this new tool, I was both excited yet confused on how to operate it. After many posts of practice, I’ve figured it out yet still have a difficult time explaining it to someone who isn’t familiar with the platform on a “verbal” basis.
Hence, the mission behind today’s Blog Tip: Providing you a better understanding of how LiketoKnow.it works so you can start making money with each Instagram post!
WHY USE LIKETOKNOW.IT?
LiketoKnow.it has opened the door to directly providing a reader/consumer with a shopping link to purchase an item or items featured in an Instagram someone posted that they “liked”. So rather than having to question where to purchase a product of interest that you saw on your feed, you can receive the exact link to the product directly through your email inbox.
This makes shopping for items a lot easier for your reader and ultimately, makes it easier for you to earn commission for each of your LiketoKnow.it posts if someone makes a purchase!
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP?
The best news is that EVERYONE can sign up for a LiketoKnow.it account, regardless if you’re a blogger or not! It’s completely free and simple to do. Simply enter the email address you’d like to receive your product links from and that’s it!
When you’re on Instagram and see a product you’d like to buy, check to see if a “LiketoKnow.it URL” is mentioned within the caption. If so, double-tap the image to “like” it and you should receive an email almost immediately with clickable images directing you to the exact product or up to (6) similar styles.
WHO CAN POST L2K’S?
Now when it comes to actually posting an image with a LiketoKnow.it URL, only bloggers with RewardStyle accounts are permitted to access the platform. If you haven’t signed up for RewardStyle, fill out an application and await a response of acceptance or not. This affiliate program is the best one out there so it’s selective of who gets approved to use its specialized tools. However if your blog has high-quality imagery, detailed content and an overall appearance of professionalism then getting accepted shouldn’t be a challenge.
Let’s say you have an account and eager to start using the L2K platform – download the RewardStyle app (need membership login in order to open it post-download) to access L2K and create shop-able posts. Follow these steps outlined below in order to publish on Instagram:
- Open the app and click on the + square next to CREATE A NEW POST
- You’ll be redirected to your camera roll, select image you want to link items to
- A popup will appear asking you to select a “folder” of your saved items you intend to link to; *NOTE that you should pre-save these items prior to opening the app using Link Ninja or the Reward Style product search tab on your computer. It’s not mandatory to do, but makes selecting items a lot easier than searching and saving on the app itself.
- Upon clicking a folder you saved your items to (mine all go to CURRENTLY OBSESSED) you can then select up to (6) images of items to link. Often times you can include the original item and link several options similar in style, in case the primary one is expensive or limited in stock. This allows your readers to explore other options and entices them to make a purchase more often.
- After selecting your items, you’ll be directed to a PRE-PUBLISH page where you create your caption and insert your unique L2K URL for the image(s) of the product(s) selected!
- Tap the INSERT CAPTION space located next to the image above and type whatever you intend to share for the post. You won’t be able to save the caption unless you select all (3) inserts below simply by tapping on them. When done, click the green check mark that should appear on the top right corner.
- You should now see your created caption in the space that was once blank; on the very bottom of the screen, click the PUBLISH NOW black bar.
- You’ll be directed to your Instagram and asked to re-select the image you initially chose. The caption you created will be copied automatically so simply PASTE it into the caption section of your Instagram post. When all set, POST IT!