A couple weeks ago, or maybe a month because I have no sense of day/time anymore since the quarantine, I asked on IG Stories what you guys are looking for as you shop. Now that online shopping is the only way we’ll be making purchases for the foreseeable future, I couldn’t think of a better time to get this post up with all this WFH time we’re mutually experiencing.
Based on the feedback I received, I did my best to find 3+ unique options for the specific items being searched for. Even if you aren’t in the market for any of these things, some of the brands I’ve included might be new to you or worth considering for the next time you’re purchasing. Because it’ll be time for floral dresses and beach swimmys before we know it!
*Please note: I know a lot of small businesses are hurting & not everyone is in the mindset, mentally or financially, to shop these days. However, for those of us are looking for a distraction like this, I hope it will help you get your mind off the now and get you excited about those future projects/trips/occasions that will be back in our lives at some point. Myself & my assistant Kendall did our best to include small business brands that we’ve personally bought from or know of well, and almost all of the items included from bigger brands are on sale substantially.
DENIM / JEANS
Budget-Friendly Jeans (Under $100)
- Old Navy High-Waisted Pop Icon Skinny Jean ($40) – Old Navy is so underrated, a great classic at a great price.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Super Skinny Jean ($78) – I’m obsessed with A&F jeans, they fit so well and last for years!
- Banana Republic High-Rise Slim Ankle Jean ($99) – These jeans are super classic and chic, also love the subtle branding.
Split-Hem Jeans (Ankle Slit)
- 7 For All Mankind High Waist Front Seam Slit Hem Ankle Skinny Jeans – Dark wash & high-waist perfection, & currently on sale!
- AG Isabelle High Waist Split Hem Ankle Straight Leg Jeans – On SUPER sale right now, love the vintage wash.
- Veronica Beard Kate High-Rise Skinny Jean With Side Slit – Originally $228 & now $68! Just bought a pair myself.
Ankle/Crop Flare Jeans
- Rag & Bone/JEAN Nine High-Rise Ankle Flare Jeans – Super flattering, great option for petite ladies (5’3″ & under)
- FRAME Le Sylvie Cropped High-Rise Flared Jeans – Originally $230, now $92!
- Trave Audrey Crop Wide Leg Jeans – Love the color & frayed hem, perfect for spring/summer.
- GAP Utility Jogger – Available in petite, regular & tall sizing.
- Paige Mayslie Joggers – These look so comfy!
- Aerie Chambray Distressed Joggers – 40% off & comes in other colors.
Flattering/Cool Ripped Jeans
- Madewell The Perfect Vintage Jean – What I love about these so much is that the rip isn’t at the knee or somewhere where it can easily get stretched out, which isn’t flattering lol.
- Levi’s 501 Crop Jeans – I LOVE the simplicity and effortless classiness of the distressing, and the fact that Levi’s is so OG.
- Paige Sarah Slim Jeans – This wash color needs to be in everyone’s closet, no exceptions.
Red Snakeskin Booties
- Dolce Vita Shanta Booties – Currently on sale, under $100, & come in several other colors.
- ASOS Co Wren Block Heeled Boots – Wide fit & super cute.
- Neda Waterproof Bootie – A little more subdued and bonus, these are waterproof and real leather.
Flats For Work (Under $100)
- J. Crew Factory Lizzie Leather Ballet Flats + Marina Leather Pointy-Toe Flats – I wore J. Crew flats for years, more durable than you think and they are almost always on sale.
- COLE HAAN Brie Skimmer Pointed Toe Flats – On sale, also comes in wide-fit.
- ASOS DESIGN Lucky Pointed Ballet Flats – Classic & suede.
Cozy House Slippers (Under $100)
- UGG Cozy II Slipper – These are kids sizing BUT “Big Kids” Size 6 = Women’s 7.5 so you can save the money and they are the exact same!
- UGG Alena Slipper (orig $120, now $60!) – Recommend sizing up one full size.
- EMU Australia Mayberry Slippers – these look amazingly comfortable.
Inexpensive Black Booties
- Madden Girl Meeko Block-Heel Booties (under $50) – Super sleek & classic.
- Dolce Vita Bel Booties (under $70) – One of my favorite, most comfortable pairs of booties.
- Sam Edelman Hilty Ankle Booties (under $170) – On the pricer side of this list but a fantastic suede option that will last you for years.
- Target Office Desk Organizers – I’m pretty sure 90% of my office stuff is from Target, including my desk which I’m obsessed with.
- Papier Personalized Notebook – I know this isn’t technically organization but the affordable customization options and chic prints are really unique & a must-have for any workspace.
- The Container Store Desk Organizers – Lots to choose from at very affordable price points.
- HAY Office Collection – Never even heard of this brand before but they have such cute stuff!
Indoor Entrance Rug
- West Elm Chilewich Wave Woven Floor Mat – I don’t own this exact rug but I picked this one for neutrality & ease of hiding dirt while being light; honestly, any West Elm rug is a durable & long-lasting addition to the home.
- Etsy Turkish Entry Runner Rug – We have one in our kitchen as a runner, any of these are a great way to support small businesses.
- Society 6 Rugs – This is a new category launched & if you love the wall art options from here, the rug selections are just as great. Plus, every purchase supports the artist who made the design so it’s a great way to support small businesses too!
When the quarantine is over >> ABC Carpet & Home Outlet – This is more an insider tip than anything else but they sell rug “scraps” here which are about the size of entry rugs and are 75-90% off, obviously requires a trip to Brooklyn but this is one of the best kept secrets in home decor!
- Threshold 3 Drawer Rustic Oak Closet Organizer – This particular one got great reviews & has matching racks and a hanging system.
- The Container Store Closet Organizers – I know this is kind of an obvious brand to link, but they truly have the most variety in terms of organization per category.
- Wayfair Rebrilliant 36 Pair Overdoor Shoe Organizer – This “Rebrilliant” brand is so affordable and gets good reviews, also holds 36 pairs of shoes!? Amazing.
Small Gold Desk/Table Lamp
- CB2 Antique Brass Arc Table Lamp – Big fan of this type of lamp these days.
- Pottery Barn Teen Penn Task Lamp – Smaller size, very unique look.
- Target Alexis Resin LED Table Lamp – Love the fact that it comes with a LED bulb!
OTC Scalp Treatments
- Briogeo Scalp Recovery Treatment – My friend swears by this, she could see a change in her boyfriend’s scalp after one use! Great for post-partum hair loss too.
- OUAI Scalp & Body Scrub – Only heard positive things from this brand, definitely one to try.
- Kiehl’s Smoothing Oil-Infused Leave-in Concentrate – I know this isn’t marketed as a scalp treatment but I LOVE this product & find it highly effective for a dry scalp + also unruly hair, lasts a very long time too, great product for the price & smells divine!
Hand & Body Lotion (Absorbent/Not Strong-Smelling)
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve – This is legit all I use, great for times like these with all of us constantly washing our hands.
- Trader Joe’s Head to Toe Moisturizing Balm – My friend’s mom discovered this and she loves it, super effective. Also works on beards!
- Le Petit Marseillais Shea Butter Aloe & Beeswax Body Balm – One of my favorite brands, hard to find in US stores but happy it’s available online.
- Necessaire The Body Lotion – This is in high demand right now, super absorbent & fragrance-free.
Black Faux Leather Jacket
- Levi’s Faux Leather Moto Jacket – I have a jacket from Levi’s very similar to this one and I’m obsessed with it.
- Abercrombie & Fitch The Faux Leather Moto Jacket – More of a cropped fit, love the detailing.
- ASOS Noisy May Faux Leather Jacket – A more relaxed/subdued moto look & at a great price point.
- Brooks Brothers Velvet Tuxedo Jacket – Good news is this is on sale & widely available size-wise right now.
- Maje Tuxedo Jacket – A pricier find but I love the quality of this brand a TON.
- White House Black Market Satin Suiting Blazer – Great for someone who wants a tuxedo jacket but without the classic contract on the lapels.
Cuban Chain/Necklace Choker
- BAUBLEBAR Small Michel Curb Chain Necklace – Looks perfect layered up or worn solo.
- Miansai Cuban Link Choker – Delicately edgy, thinner chain but can still stand on its own.
- Etsy Gold Chunky Chain Necklace – Thicker but love that it supports a small business owner. Lot more options on Etsy as well.
Bathing Suit Coverup
- Madewell Tie-Strap Overlay Cover-Up Romper – So cute! Can also be worn as an everyday summer romper too.
- Xhilaration Women’s Embroidered Tank Cover Up Dress – A very casual option, but the embroidery is a fun detail.
- Vineyard Vines Tiered Cover-Up – Super cute option, love the tassel details.
Sports Bra With Padding
- Lululemon Flow Y Bra Nulu – This bra is everything and it is the single best thing that I own, literally the best product since chocolate for smaller chested ladies. Also, the long line style gives a bit more coverage on the tummy & is equally awesome. There are options for larger bust sizes too!
- Sweaty Betty Stamina Sports Bra – I own this one too & it’s been great for running, medium support.
- Adidas Women’s Halter 2.0 Logo Bra – Got this rec from a friend with a very large bust size & she loves it.
Again, I’m doing my best to handle this new normal as much as you all are. I’m sorry if this post isn’t the content suitable for the now but I also have to do my job in any way that I can; shopping guides are part of that & what I can still provide in this time when many of my contracted projects, which help keep the blog up & running, have been postponed, and rightfully so.
Thank you for your understanding xx